Saturday, August 30, 2014

Happy Birthday to my boys!



On August 20 we celebrated Calvin's 360 month birthday and Gus' 5 month birthday! Calvin wanted to just have a low key family dinner so I cooked his favourite meal, tortilla soup and baked a homemade German chocolate cake. 

It was Calvin's first week back in dental school after our long summer break so he was able to surprise us and come home early. I had walked to the grocery store with Gus when Calvin met up with us. Gus already acts so happy to see his Dad and loves being with both of us. Pretty cute.







Chocolate cake recipe I used is SO yummy. You can find it at http://cherilitchfield.blogspot.com/2011/07/dark-chocolate-cake.html I used her frosting recipe but added a bunch of unsweetened coconut flakes and pecans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment