Wednesday, March 2, 2011

last week...

I had a terrible flu but still managed to have a great week! First, check out a view of the snow covered trailor park you can see from our bedroom window:



On Monday Calvin and I had James and Finn with us the entire day so we decided to take them to Hardware Ranch for a horse drawn sleigh ride tour of the wild elk that hang out there throughout the winter. Finn was especially excited to see the horses. He took the first photo:




Wednesday, I was lucky enough to get to be a guest lecturer in Nita's sociology class. The article I lectured on was entitled: "Media Misogyny: Monstrous Women." It was disturbing and interesting and a lot of fun. It gave me insight into how challenging it is to teach and how much prep work actually goes into it.


I finally sat down and finished reading Steve Martin's "Born Standing Up". I LOVED it! Memoirs are one of my favourite genres and his was charming and insightful. He was inspired by absurdity and novelty and it was another reminder that genius comes from working hard. Check out one of his early appearances on the Tonight show:

2 comments: