Friday, March 13, 2015

Deep dark chocolate cookies- for one!





I love the recipes I've found online for small servings of dishes. Sometimes I crave cookies but I don't want to be surrounded by a big batch, if you know what I mean:) My recipe is adapted from this recipe of a fantastic single serving chocolate chip cookie! I changed a few things, including making it a little less sweet :) 



Ingredients:

2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons sugar (white or brown)
Pinch of salt 
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg yolk (if you double the recipe, use the whole egg rather than two yolks:)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 cup special dark cocoa
1/8 cup whole wheat flour
3 Tablespoons dark chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, cream together the butter, sugar, vanilla and egg yolk. 

Add the rest of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips and mix by hand until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Do not over-mix the batter unless you want a tougher, "cakey-er" texture:)

You can make one large cookie or up to five smaller cookies. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Let the cookie(s) cool on the pan for at least 5 minutes so it can continue to cook out of the oven. 


No comments:

Post a Comment