Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Baby Gus Gus joins our family!!


I haven't posted in a very long time but wanted a place to record my memories and experiences as a new mother. On the first day of spring this year, we welcomed our amazing baby boy, Augustus Greene Kenley, into the world. He was so excited to meet us that he came all on his own exactly two weeks ahead of schedule. His first name comes from the character, Gus McCrae, in Lonesome Dove which is one of Calvin's favourite books and mini-series of ALL time! His middle name was my Grandpa Harker's middle name and my grandpa's mum's maiden name. And Kenley is pretty obvious. What is noteworthy though is that Gus is Chuck and Carol's first grandchild to carry on the Kenley name! So he is to be commended on that. Here is a photo that my mom took of him while she was visiting and helping us all get adjusted in the first few weeks of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment