Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Silver Road/ CANCON

Today my dear friend Jess reminded me of our mutual love of Sarah Harmer. She is so quintessentially Canadian to me. and I just love Canada! And I miss jess so much. Wish we could drive around blasting cancon music (Jann Arden! and maybe include some Bette Midler) together.

here is a list of memories associated with Sarah Harmer:

1. Listening to Basement Apartment when Jess and I lived in a basement apartment in Calgary near the University



2. Driving somewhere in Vancouver when Jess and I were roommates in North Van. I was bawling my eyes out because of one of the songs...why can't I remember which song it was now?? Oh yeah.."Don't get your back up over this"



haha love the comments underneath about all the radio time it got in Southern Ontario

3. Going to Emily Solsberg's wedding in Nanaimo and was there not a live performance of "Open Window (The Wedding Song)? Here is a Feist cover of the song:



and the Calvin and I had the original in our wedding video.



4. Moving back to Toronto after 18 months in Vancouver and missing Vancouver so so much. I listened to this song over and over:



5. Driving around east Toronto in my mom's black Honda Civic listening to this:

No comments:

Post a Comment